Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Being thankful




I am thankful for God, his silence spoke volumes at a time when I thought my prayers werent being answered.




I am thankful to Goddess, her nurturing and encouraging energy mirrored that of God, showing me that divinity has two faces.




I am thankful to Eggun/Ancestors whose shoulders I stand on. Who paved a way for me to conjure, to work, to live, and to exist. Always on time, ready when I need them.




I am thankful to all those that hurt me in my life thus far. The lessons that came with every heart break and tear shed were invaluable and made me so much stronger than I though I could ever be.




I am thankful for the small handful I can truly call friends and family. Those who have come and gone, those I let go and never stopped loving and those I keep close that I love just as much.




I am thankful to be alive, able to write, think, sing, talk, dance, praise, kiss, love, hug, pet, make love, feel, eat, drink, learn and experience.




Each day brings new disappointments but also new joys. I better understand the ebb and flow, the push and pull, the up and down, the ying and yang. Duality bound by unification in my soul, in others and in all creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment