Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sleep?

You think I sleep? Well that's none way of putting it....
When my eyes shut and my consciousness slips, I am traveling across worlds going on a midnight rendezvous.
You think I wake up with a dry mouth from sleeping with my mouth open, nah.... I have travelled the desserts to find my people. I have found a village of ebony sun kissed people, regal and royal in their different shapes and sizes, wise in their different ages, beautiful in their different but brilliant dark shades. I danced by the bon fires wearing ceremonial masks, I danced ancient dances of my people. Dances which held a purpose, giving up control letting spirit move you, ripple through you like a rock thrown into a pond.
I am singing and calling on the names of several different ancestors and spirits who come to my aid and dance along side me.
You think I am rotating in my bed to get comfortable? Nah.... I am swaying to the rhythm of drums. Rotating, spinning fiercely in a circle, my view caught up in a dizzy haze.... My head is thrown back I am laughing both hands on my hips shoulders moving in time with my hips.
You think I am grumpy because I have restless sleep? Nah, I'm still tired form astral traveling to he land of the ancestors. I'm grumpy because I had to stop my revelries and return to this material place that feels so odd to me, after having been in a place that felt too familiar.

No comments:

Post a Comment