Friday, December 4, 2009

Changes and phases

I looked at the full moon the other night. It gleamed in my eye,a chill passed over my body and a recognition ages old came to me. I had no choice but to attribute it to the spirit guides that forever surround me, ancestors and ethereal beings who make themselves known in many ways. I was urged to greet a Gypsy guide I have and to take three sacred tools of hers and placing them in the light of the moon. One a Crystal ball on a three prong pedestal , the other a glass of water with an Blue evil eye ward in it, and a deck of cards wrapped in a moonstone talisman. I asked the moon to illuminate my conscious, I asked her to bless my path and help me develop my intuition. As my intuition is bound with the element of water and the blood that runs through my veins. I ebb, I flow I am one with the natural laws that exist and predate us all.
I had a series of dips in moods, mostly lows but some highs. All week verging on wanting to scream and strangle folks, then wanting to cry and escape into a trance avoiding reality and putting on my Ipod and earphones.
I read a blog by the brilliant and ever so wise Elizabeth Cunningham and I read Maeve's words that say we follow what the moon has been trying to tell us for the longest times, Its all a phase... Isn't it?! Isn't all a balance? Ups and downs, rights and lefts... You cant have it all how you want it or expect it.You kind of let things flow, you take things as they come. Does the tide complain and or fight the pull of the moon? I doubt it, it moves as it should as instinct and nature demands of it and it finds a purpose.
Like Sisyphus you can roll the rock uphill and view it as a curse or you can make peace with it and find a purpose with in it.

2 comments:

  1. "Does the tide complain and or fight the pull of the moon?" BEAUTIFUL! A truly reflective piece, as befits one who loves the water and the moon and learns from their reflections. I also love the images of warrior women. Thank you! Maeve thanks you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. That means much coming from one so connected.

    ReplyDelete