Saturday, December 5, 2009

Chill


Winter moon high in the sky,

yet Darkness binds me

My Soul is worn bleak

Snow capped mountains on the horizon emote the numbness of my head

Slow moving thoughts my movements sluggish and exhausting

Haunting memories like out of tune melodies resound between my ears

Once again closet doors open Skeletons creep, Zombies stumble, and Ghosts materialize

Forced to wield a pensive two edge sword

Against unfamiliar long forgotten experiences, decisions of years past, days of old


DAMN! Why am I so cold?

My windows must be open

Eyes, Windows to the soul letting in the chilling reality

Do I dare look? Do I want to see?

I close them

I consult with my own private genie. My Djinn, my personal bottle that houses spirits

Warm liquid fire I drink of its fount

Fire that burns then warms and yet still numbs

My bones stop their rattle

The Apparitions disappear the closet door appears bolted and unbothered

Courage surges through my veins, I scream

The bellow has reason, has rhyme and reason, words and song

I sing loud, I sing until my chest aches

My eyes squeezed shut small pools develop in the corners


Its sunrise.. I start another day....

Do not have time to think

Don't feel a thing

A n automaton, going through the motions

Another day new sites

The cold still can be sensed looming strong in the peripheral

ever ready to return

No comments:

Post a Comment