Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Turbulent waters


Tonight I witnessed myself and two others on a boat. It was amidst peaceful waves that pushed us gently and steadily towards a common place and destination. Where, not one of us knew but we were lead by the current of spirit. One of us felt a discord, one of us got angry and frightful. One of us reached out in the only way we knew how, to gain control over the situation based on our passed experience of dealing with issues like this. I sat in the middle of this boat angered as either side tried to get to their point of where we were going, how we should get there, was our boat worth boarding or should we let it capsize and separately swim to sure. I know in my heart we were in this boat not for us, we were in this boat to get to a place, to bring something with us to a destination. To be guided by spirit but to impart that spirit of us onto others, we could help if we could only get to sure. No matter how turbulent the waves, no matter how dark the sky seemed to get. Lightning and anger flashed in beautiful but horrific displays, winds of shifting personalities and thoughts whipped our hair and very clothes around, emotion like water in time with the ebb and flow pulling at us and dictating the direction in which we could go although we collectively felt lost.

My thoughts raced back to Our lady of Charity, and the three men in that boat. Light surrounded us slowly but surely we just had to open up to it in order to see it. Love was just peaking through the storm clouds, the water of our emotions reflecting in small specs against the shadowy surface. I felt my anger break I felt myself rise within myself, I shall not be silenced I walked away from the boat... I walked on water like the old stories of Jesus and let the boat go. I knew that either of the two were lost in their own thoughts, then they too got out of the boat. They walked on waves we three spoke our peace. We got to shore where we hugged, we embraced, we brought with us that trinity. Holy things always in threes, we were finally on sure without realizing it. Commonality in our goal, egos hurt, feelings still processing, LOVE still present.... we know there are so many more boat rides, train rides, living rooms to go.

Captain & Tenille plays in the back of my mind " Love! Love will keep us together!"

We turned I looked back I bathed in cool waters and thanked La Caridad del cobre, Our Lady of Charity and thanked her for our own private exchange during the storm, during the turbulent waves.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful vision. Thank you for having the sight...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this blog, the passion, the compassion, the humor the beauty. When I am in the storm, I sure hope I see you walking toward me on the water!

    ReplyDelete